
This morning Jer woke up early to go the HMC to get his badge, fill out paper work, watch a safety video, and basically get all prepared to become a full-time respiratory therapist starting tomorrow! :) He had a busy morning and even dropped into the mall to try to find a money gram and got distracted by the cute baby clothes on sale:)
Janet, the lady from HR is such a sweetheart. She's a sweet little Japanese lady born & raised here in Hilo. She took him to the bank and got him a couple of pastries for breakie after his orientation. We're so grateful for our family and that they were able to help us getting the car out!! John was able to go today and get the car shipped out through the car shipping port in Long Beach.
Darrel, the respiratory director (Jer's boss), was able to pick us up today after his shift and took us to Cost-U-Less (it's like a mini Costco island style:). hahaha! It's kind of a funny name! Anyways, here's a link to the place: http://www.costuless.com/index.php
It was so much fun loading up on food, they had a good selection of healthy food. We got some soymilk and oatmilk, a variety of cereal, juice, pasta, etc. Later Janet picked us up and took us home! We were so happy to have a bunch of food, because we've had to get little batches and carry it home in Jer's backpack until the car arrives. (The closest grocery store is 2 miles one way! :0)
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we bought a case of Aloha Maid drinks. They are some yummy island drinks, the flavors we got: Strawberry Guava, Pineapple Orange, & Guava. They are really tasty. I made pasta today but accidently overcooked it and it got a little mushy:( That's what I don't like about whole wheat pasta, it tends to get a lot mushier than the regular pasta would get.
Oh well. Now Jer's off to bed, he has his first big day on the job tomorrow! I'm so happy for him, and I'm so glad everyone is so sweet over there. He can see the ocean from the hospital, it's on a nice hill with a distant ocean view.
This reminds me, we went on a walk to the HMC (a mile away from our studio) and we ran into a waterfall on the way there!! :) It was really pretty and I felt like we were in a jungle all of a sudden! Hahahaha!
Now I'm going to get my hubby's lunch bag ready and then I'll be off to bed too.
Night night.
*The image is from c-player.com (The website is in Chinese or something)
Those are the drinks I was telling you about....they are soooo good :)....
ReplyDeleteCost U Less that cracks me up :D...
So I signed a butt load of papers yesterday for the apartment. Right now the apartment is a mess and I feel like a hoarder lol. Sister you're a little pack rat you kept like every container of face creme, toner, etc u've ever owed lol.
LOL, yeah I guess Grams rubbed off on me all those years:) The reason I kept those containers is because of flying (the 3 oz rule) if I ever needed to transfer stuff into a smaller container, I would have plenty! hahaha. Yeah, I know. Call me later.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys are enjoying Hawaii. It makes me feel better to hear that you guys are happy out there. Post us on Jeremy's first day of work and on your day of being a house wife haha?
ReplyDeleteLove and God Bless.
Mami Rosie
Mom ur so cute:) Love you, and yeah I'll give an update on being a housewife too:) Jeremy just posted an entry of his first day today:) Love you! XOXOX
ReplyDelete