Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sailboats...

This Sabbath Jer & I were able to make it to the Hilo church. Now that Jer is on an evening schedule, he doesn't have to sleep during the days. Yay! Thank God! Afterward we got invited to go to the Waipos for lunch, Uncle Clarence is 100% Hawaiian and he gave us an idea for our baby's Hawaiian middle name.....drum rolll..........Kekai. It means "The Ocean" We told him our idea of Makai "By the Ocean" or "Oceanside" but he thinks Kekai sounds more appropriate because it means "The Ocean" we haven't decided if we will change Makai yet but..... with that being said...we have chosen our theme for our baby boy's room: Nautical! We bought a cute little sailboat for him for inspiration! Here are some pictures of it:



It is in our living right now because we don't have furniture in his room just yet. I love looking at it, it's so cool. I think our baby will like it for his room:)

PS Since it's Mother's Day tomorrow the deacons handed out roses for all the Mamas today....and guess who got one too?!? The deacon was so sweet, I wasn't even expecting to get one, when he came and said, "Looks like you're a mother to be," while handing me a pretty red rose with pink ribbon. That made my day:)

verse of the day:

Jeremiah 1:4-5 "Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

I think this is a beautiful verse.

Lovely thoughts of Heaven,

Kat & Jer

7 comments:

  1. Hey! There is some good news in this latest post! First of all, bro! I am so happy that you got put onto evening shift! Is that so much better or what? Are you stoked or what? Kekai....very nice. I like it, I also like Makai...thats a hard one. You will decide on the right one though : ) That is a really cool addition to your already cool house, the sailboat! It looks really neat. I like the canvas looking sails! Your guys house looks really nice. I like looking out the window and seeing the tropical trees! I am going to keep a close watch on this blog now and make posts. I have a google account so I can. I have this blog on my favorites toolbar! ting tao te

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...p.s. I think its really cool that you guys do a verse of the day on all of your blogs. I really like the one for today. I think I will read that for my family tonight =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Respecto to the el sailboato I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunny house! Sailboat is really neat. Glad you got the afternoon shift now Jer. So happy for you guys. Love you. Tam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sail boat looks awesome!

    Can't wait to visit!

    ~Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the sunny family room pic with the sailboat on it as my desktop pic now :)
    Makes me feel closer to you.
    MIK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im really lovin all the love from my peeps on here, thanks for reading our blogs and commenting on them, it makes it worth it and inspires us to keep writing. Im glad our house, sailboat, etc. is a hit with you guys and much love from Jer and Kat, from Jer.

    ReplyDelete