Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Toll house cookies...uh oh!



I baked some homemade chocolate chips cookies, yum! They are so good! I used the Toll house recipe, and I made some homemade Almond milk to go with them.....


WARNING: THESE ARE HIGHLY ADDICTING AND MAY CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN! ;)

Original Nestle Toll house Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs

2 cups Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Almond milk

1 cup Almonds (soak for 1-2 hours)
4 cups of purified water
2 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

After you've soaked the almonds, you drain the water and toss them in the blender. Add 1 cup of water and blend with pausing a few times in between. As mixture begins to smooth out, slowly add another cup of water as it blends. Once completely smooth, add the remaining 2 cups of water and drain into a pitcher. Next add 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (you can add more to your liking), pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Drain once more to get a silky smooth finish. Enjoy!!!

* Toll house recipe was printed on the back of the semi-sweet chocolate chips I bought.
*Almond milk recipe is my own.

**If you think it's silly to drink Almond milk with these buttery delicious, non-vegan cookies, well don't, it makes you feel better about eating them one after the other!

6 comments:

  1. Kat I am lovin' your blog! Jeremiah is a butterball and absolutely gorgeous!! Nestle Tollhouse - I always make this recipe. LOL re almond milk and tollhouse cookies - love the combo!
    So glad you've settled back in to your family routine and are enjoying the island! Big hugs.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM
    I so need to try this :)

    Love ya sister!

    and Happy Birthday again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sis. Miss yah. Yeah try this out, Oh and I just made a new recipe for EggLESS French Toast!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tammi & Vanessa:

    I made some delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies...I will have to give you guys the recipe, they are scrumptious and even better guilt free!! ;)

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete