Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy-ness.

Have you ever given into voyeurism? I mean, I guess we all do it. It seems that human nature is ever so curious of what is on the "other side" sometimes we get "the grass is greener" syndrome.

I just heard a cool quote today "A rich man on his death bed never asks for his bank statement."

The most amazing things in life are free!

Being a mom has brought a whole new meaning/perspective to my life. I find that I enjoy the things that my son enjoys because HE enjoys them.....I have new-found joys, simpler, yet more fulfilling and meaningful.

Example: Stroller rides in the hot island sun, playing patty-cake, etc...

I don't think I'd enjoy those walks as much as I do (even with the most gorgeous weather), if I were walking alone....and I definitely wouldn't be playing patty cake by myself! ha ha ha!

It's even EXTRA fun when daddy is home and since he's been on vacation this months, it's been awesome spending quality time together as a little trio!

We sometimes feel that if we only had this or if we only had that THEN we would be happy. NOPE! That's not what makes us happy...Have you noticed that everyone craves relationships/to be relative/to have someone that understands you and gets to know you and accepts you for who you are....? Well God created us for one another and he offers us advice on how to get these kind of OUT OF THIS WORLD relationships he wants us to have.... free of charge! He commanded us to: "love one another" "accept one another" "greet one another" and so many "one anothers"..... (1Thess.3:12, Romans 15:7, 2 Cor. 13:12)

Sometimes we do not do these things because we are too busy....too busy being "busy," holding grudges, allowing petty differences/misunderstandings get in the way, etc...

It's time to give it over to God, if we can let go of all these things then we can truly experience LIFE more abundantly!!!

 I will be the first to admit I can be as stubborn as an ox! Yet there is HOPE! The best things in life are free... take lessons from little children. They are quick to forgive, they are simple (they don't complicate things like we "grown-ups" do), and they love whole-heartedly! So now I'm daring to tell you, yeah you, I LOVE YOU. (Just in case you haven't heard that lately....I personally believe we need to hear these words more often)

warm fuzzies and a child-like faith,


Kattie

1 comment: